Home | About | FanFictions | FanArt | Resorce | Links
line break

FanFictions
- by Moira

The Suitors

1, Nanny Wakes Up
2, The Admiral Goes Fishing
3, Confessions
4, An Evening with the Prince
5, Interlude
6, A Nice Quiet Breakfast
7, The Interviews
8, The Preparations Begin
9, The Presentation Ceremony Begins
10, The Offerings
11, Epilogue

My Thoughts on the Suitors.


 


The Suitors
Part Ten

The Offerings

Sue and several of the other staff members have made their way up to the banquet hall. They keep asking her what’s up. None of them wanted to come. They were all hanging out down in the recreation hall having some sort of vigil for the princess. But Sue had somehow managed to get them out of their melancholy and convinced them to come. “No, really, I have no idea what the Commander was talking about. He just sounded like he really wanted us all to come.”

“Sue that doesn’t make any sense. Why would he want us to come?” One of the staffers asks.

“He said that something interesting is going to happen and that we’d be sorry if we missed it. That’s all I know. Honest.”

The noise from inside the ballroom is getting louder. Sue peeks inside one of the side doors just as Lord Byron’s presentation ends. “Good whe’re not too late.“

Another staff member walks up. “Sue, what are you doing here? I thought you didn’t want to come?”

“I didn’t. But the Commander...”

Trumpets suddenly herald the arrival of the next suitor. Two lines of representatives from Letam line the aisle way as others dash about madly setting things up.

“It’s Prince Kendrick’s turn now.”

“So what did I miss?” Sue asks as they set up.

“Not much. The other three suitors presentations were really dull. Just the standard. ‘Oh look isn’t this pretty Princess, look what I can buy you.’ Really pathetic.”

“Ugh. Poor girl. How has she been?” Sue asks.

“Cold. Just look at her.”

They both turn to the platform where the princess is standing. She is speaking to Princess Romelle and Queen Orla but there is no life to her face. She looks more like a statue than a person.

“God, is that going to be our princess from now on?” Sue shakes her head.

“Don’t even say it. I’m trying not to dwell on it.”

The trumpets blare again then there is a bright flash as Prince Kendrick enters, a huge billowing cape flowing all around him, forcing all attention to him. The audience all applauds.

“Some entrance.”

The two lines of representatives bow to their prince as he slowly strides between them and down the aisle towards Allura on the platform. His eyes are scanning the audience as he waves to the people. He reaches the raised platform and bows deeply to the Princess who curtsies back.

Prince Kendrick’s advisor approaches the steps. “Your royal Highness and guests. I wish to present to you for the honor of your hand in marriage, Prince Kendrick the Third, of the royal house of Citsalp of the planet Latem.”

The audience applauds as Allura walks forward to the front of the platform.
“Welcome Prince Kendrick. You honor Arus by being here tonight.”

Prince Kendrick steps forward. “Thank you Princess Allura.” He bows deeply again pouring on all the charm.

Coran comes forward and stands at Allura’s side. “Prince Kendrick. You say you offer planet Arus all of the resources at your disposal.”

“Yes,” The prince turns to address the room. “We all know how depleted your world has become. I offer you, through my insurmountable contacts, trade with every planet in the galaxies. Things which you could have only dared to imagin can be yours. I offer you a new door to the rest of the galaxies.” Then on cue the music blares out again as two dozen elaborately costumed servants come striding into the ballroom, each carrying a gift from some far off world, each wearing the costume of some foreign land.

“Technologies, medicines, and any beautiful thing you desire-- all out there, all available to you.” The servants walk around him displaying their items. Then dramatically place the gifts on the steps.
“In short. He waves a hand across the whole room and then back to Allura. I offer you the galaxies.” He bows again. The people applaud, exclaiming over the rare gifts set before the princess.

 

Keith has moved to the main entrance hall. He is laughing to himself. Good one Princie. To bad you didn’t tell them how much it’s going to cost. Yep, just gloss over that little detail. He leans against the far wall from the door where he can see in but with the lighting in the hall being dimmer than the ballroom he cannot be seen from inside. He continues to watch on in amusement.

Coran speaks again. “You say you offer the princess a place in your royal house and that your children will become the future Kings and Queens of Arus and Latem.”

Prince Kendrick approaches the steps. “Princess Allura, I offer you a future for my children. They will be the future rulers of both worlds. They will live in the peace that we have formed together, the peace that we could not enjoy ourselves as children.” He turns to nod to the crowd as they applaud.

Keith starts to shake. So you offer her zero, zothing, zada, a broodmare that’s all she is for you a fu_ _ ing broodmare! You just want to dip your...

Keith snaps back out of his thoughts. His little voice is laughing hysterically at him. Bad Keith! Bad Keith! Just breathe, buddy.

Keith mind continues on its tirade. And what exactly did he have to do with bringing peace? Did I miss something? Oh yeah, he was off at university for an extended study program. How silly of me to forget!

Bad Keith! you’re doing it again. The voice is laughs again.

Shut up!

Inside, another servant approaches the steps and sets down a box, opening it. The servant lifts out of it two small crowns, each a replica of the king’s crowns from both planets. The servant sets them down on the step and retreats.

“Princess Allura.” The Prince gestures to the spread of gifts before him. “This is what I offer.” He then drops to one knee. “Princess Allura, may I have your hand to unite our two worlds and our two lives?”

Keith snaps to full attention and runs to the doorway. God Ally. Don’t do it! Don’t!

She is completely expressionless. The same reaction on her face as when the previous three asked her the exact same question. The Ice Princess finally speaks. “Thank you, Prince Kendrick, for a most impressive presentation.” She then curtsies at him and returns to the back of the platform, just like she did for the other three.

“That’s my Ally! Don’t give the jerk a…” Several heads snap to Keith. His face drains of color, realizing he just spoke aloud. They all look greatly amused by his outburst and there are even a few giggles. He flashes a smile and nods sheepishly at them, returning back to the other side of the hall. he leans against the wall again, hoping that the blush will soon fade from his face. Way to go there buddy. His little voice laughing hysterically. Hey, at least they laughed. Oh great now I’m talking to the voices in my head!

Prince Kendrick cockily strides from the ballroom head held high. The sound of applause is slowly fading from inside and he is grinning from ear to ear. His entourage all gather around him congratulating him on an excellent show. “That's the best presentation you've ever given, your highness. The others don’t stand a chance. Arus is yours.”

“Thank you all. You all did a great job.” The prince looks up and sees Keith leaning up against the far wall across the hall from them, watching them with a bemused look on his face. The prince scowls at him turning to his staff. “You all go ahead. I’ll meet you at our seats in the ballroom. I have to have some words with the Captain here.” Everyone files out of the hall leaving Keith and Prince Kendrick alone. Keith continues to lean against the wall as the prince approaches, a sly smile still on his lips.

“What are you doing out here Captain? I figured you’d be in there mooning over the princess.”

“No. Actually, I’ve been told to wait out here.”

“Ha! Duty calls again then. Not even good enough to be invited to the party? Poor Captain.”

Keith straightens up and walks closer. “Look Prince Kendrick, I wanted to apologize for reacting the way I did. I’m sorry. It would make things a whole lot easer if we could bury the hatchet.” Come Prince Kendrick, can you drop this ego trip?

The Prince laughs. “So you’re finally scared Captain. Apologizing now? Now that you see your end? When I'm king you'll still be gone no mater how nice you are to me now. It’s too late. Besides I can’t have you running around here now can I?”

Okay, stupid question. Jerk! Keith still smiles. “I understand completely. I would be too distracting for you. Or should I say, too distracting for the people and the princess?”

“Excuse me? You have a lot of nerve!”

I’m going to regret this, but what the hell. “Come now, Prince Kendrick. Isn’t that your problem with me? You always need to be number one. Then I show up, a lowly captain who steels your thunder. If you ask me, that’s a pretty pathetic reason to hate me. Or, is it just because I see you for what you truly are? I see right through that fake mask of yours, Prince Kendrick, and you can’t stand it. Hmm. Is that it?” That was too fun! I could get used to this, Keith muses to himself.

Prince Kendrick glowers. “Enjoy yourself while you can Captain. Your days are numbered. I will be King and I will have Allura as my wife.”

“So you think you’ve won then?”

He Laughs at Keith “Didn’t you hear them in there? They loved me. Out of all the suitors, the people of Arus chose me.”

“Yes, Prince Kendrick, I suppose they did.” Keith bows slightly. “Prince Kendrick, I want to congratulate you on your good show. That was the best presentation…” Keith takes a long pause and smiles. “Yet.”

"Yet?"

Keith fakes surprise. "Oh haven't you heard? They have accepted another candidate at the very last minute. Apparently, people on Arus really do pay attention to public opinion and needs."

"What? Another candidate! No they didn't. They couldn’t."

"Well, apparently they can and they did. I was told that they think his ambitions are for the good of the people and the planet, not to mention the princess. Everyone seems to think the guy has a real chance, even if he himself didn't."

"You’re just trying to phase me. I've won this, I know I have."

"I suppose you're right. But I do want to thank you"

"Thank me?"

"Yes. For a few moments at least, there has been some actual competition in this candidacy. Thank you Prince Kendrick. If it wasn't for you, and the time we spent last night, I don't know if I would have become so clear on what I have to do tonight.”

“I see right through your little plan Captain. You’re trying to throw me off my game. But you’re too late. I’ve already won. The princess is mine and you are, shall we say, history? I hope you’ve started packing. Another candidate! Don’t make me laugh! If there is one, I sure don’t see him or any of his entourage. Your lying Captain. It doesn’t suit you and you’re not very good at it.”

The two men stand nose to nose in the hall. Both looking victorious, one for the blow he has just given, the other for the blow he is about to deliver.

Admiral Bailey walks into the hall and up to the two posturing men. "Keith it’s time." He smiles.

"Well Prince Kendrick this is it.” Keith formally extends his hand to the prince who instinctively takes it without thinking. Once he realizes what he has done he tries to pull away but Keith’s grip locks firmly on his hand trapping it. The prince winches as Keith forcefully shakes his hand. “Wish me luck!"

The Prince freezes cold, eyes going wide in realization.

Keith smiles, letting go of his hand. “May the best man win.”


The room is still all a rumble as everyone is busily talking about what they have just seen. Coran sees the Admiral in the doorway. He moves to the front of the platform. “Ladies and Gentleman. Galaxy Garrison would now like to address Planet Arus. Please welcome them.” The room starts to murmur again, all wondering what’s going to happen.

“Coran what’s going on? You never said…” Allura’s question is interrupted as two lone figures stand just outside the doorway into the room. Her heart goes to her throat and her stomach hits the floor as she sees that one of them is Keith. The calm, cool, ice princess thaws in an instant. She starts to shake.

The Admiral enters the room and very slowly walks toward the platform. The audience applauds loudly. Then Keith steps into the room. When the people see who the second person is, they all stand and the applause becomes thunderous as they send him their feelings of love and gratitude in the deafening ovation.

Allura’s breath is ragged. “He said he wouldn’t….” Her voice fades.

Romelle moves close to her side. “They must have made him.” She grits her teeth and mutters. “He could have at least warned you.”

Allura watches Keith as he approaches. Maintaining his distance behind the Admiral. Why are they walking so slowly? Just like…. He is looking straight ahead his eyes level. Well, at least he’s not looking at me. She can’t help feeling the pride she has for him to come to the surface. The people truly respect him for all he’s done for them. Heck, he’s even getting more applause than any of the suitors got. No one stood for any of them. She has to smile at that. That’s got to really irk Prince Kendrick. She looks around to see if he is watching. She finds him standing in the main doorway where the Admiral and Keith came from. She laughs to herself, he really doesn’t look well.

When they near the platform Keith stops and looks down at the floor. The Admiral continues forward a few steps, stooping just a few feet from the first step.

Coran again steps to the front of the platform. Raising his hands to settle the crowd. “Thank you Galaxy Garrison for all you’ve done for us. We have invited you here tonight in the hope that our partnership will continue into the future. Coran raises his palms in the air and steps back, as applause begins again.

Allura glares at Coran “Coran what’s going on? Why wasn’t I told about this?”

Coran smiles. “Oh, but you were.”

Allura angles her head not sure if she heard him right over the crowd’s applause. I was?

Coran again steps to the front of the platform. Raising his hands to settle the crowd once more. “I think I speak for everyone in this room and on this planet. We wish to thank Galaxy Garrison for all you have done for us. If you hadn’t sent us those five young pilots all those years ago, I do not believe any of us would be here today.” Coran nods to the four Voltron pilots that are standing together off to the side of the raised platform. “Thank you, Sven, Lance, Hunk and Pidge. Arus owes you a great debt.” The four bow and the audience cheers again. The room slowly settles once again as Coran fixes his gaze on Keith, who is still looking at the floor. “Captain Keith Paladin. You are our liberator, our champion, our hero. Thank you.” Applause, woops, and cheers erupt again, even louder than before and soon there is the sound of his name being softly chanted over and over again from the crowd of indebted citizens. Keith slowly lifts his head, looking every part the hero of Arus, his posture tall, his arms at his back. His eyes meet Coran’s.

Allura can’t breath. Her heart is racing. She looks down on the man before her, completely enamored. She doesn’t care who sees her feelings anymore. How could she even think of marrying one of them when there he stands before her? The love of her life. The people love him. I love him. So what if he leaves? Even if I can only see him once a year, that would be better than nothing.

Keith’s eyes suddenly move from Coran to her. They both recoil when their eyes meet and they quickly look away. He becomes transfixed by the floor in front of him yet again, not daring to look at her.

Allura starts to smile. She has finally made her choice. Who cares about tradition anyway? He is whom the people want, whom I want.

Romelle regards her cousin. “Allura you’re trembling.” Both Romelle and Queen Orla put their supportive arm around her. “Ally?” Romelle notices the smile on Allura’s face as she stares at Keith. “Ally? What? What is it?”

“I love him Romelle. I’ve always loved him. I will always love him. I can’t possibly marry anyone else.” Orla turns away.

“Allura? What? You’re serious.” Romelle stares at her.

“I’ve never been more sure of anything in my life.”

Coran eventually raises his arms again to quiet the still cheering and chanting crowd. They slowly settle. “Admiral Bailey.” Coran steps back and slightly to the side. Keith just remains studying the floor.

The admiral bows to Allura. “Princess Allura, lords and ladies, guests, and the people of Arus. We of Galaxy Garrison are honored to have been invited to participate in this momentous occasion of finding the future co-ruler of Planet Arus. We are proud to be a part of this new chapter in Planet Arus’s history. We hope that our alliance will grow stronger as we start to rebuild the shining beacon at this end of the galaxy that was planet Arus.” The audience applauds again. “I would now like to ask the attending members of Galaxy Garrison to stand with us.”

From all around the room Galaxy Garrison members stand, more than fifty of them making their way to the center of the room. The members of the Voltron force move in to stand right behind Keith at full military attention, trying desperately not to grin like fools.

The Admiral continues. “It is with the hope of continuing our alliance that we offer this union. The council has unanimously decided to extend to you this offer of a union between Arus and Galaxy Garrison.” The admiral takes another step forward. “A union of strength. Born of loyalty, compassion, honor and trust. Two forces uniting as one, in a union of love. A union of marriage. Princess Allura we present for your consideration our candidate for your hand in marriage, Captain Keith Paladin of Galaxy Garrison.”

The room goes silent. A stunned shock hangs over the room. Allura, Romelle and Queen Orla stand pale and shaken. Then the room erupts into a thunderous roar of cheers as the people leap to their feet again. The sound is deafening.

The Admiral smiles and slowly turns to Keith who is still busy looking at the floor. A slight smile comes to Keith’s lips at sound of the crowds deafening approval. “You’re on son. Do me proud.”

Keith inhales deeply, putting on his most confident aire, he looks up, but just so his eyes are level, he can’t look at her yet. He, straitening his already perfect posture strides forward to his place at the base of the steps. The room feels like it’s shaking. The applause and cries from the audience are thunderous. Keith slowly raises his eyes to the top of the platform, locking eyes with Allura in an intense, piercing stare. Everyone in the room can feel the electricity jump up in the room as their eyes meet. There are audible gasps from some of the closest onlookers. The two stand frozen, lost in each other’s gaze. Only the two of them exist and for them, time stands still.

Almost a minute passes; the audience still on it’s feet applauding and cheering. The two still lost in each other. Nanny walks up behind Allura smiling and gives her a quick shove pushing her forward to the front of the platform where she needs to be, snapping the two back into the present, breaking their gaze. Keith’s cool façade shatters into an embarrassed but totally enchanting smile that completely mesmerizes all who see it.

Allura regains herself to only get caught in his glorious smile, as he looks back up at her. Oh my god! He’s…. She can’t breath…. Oh my god! Wake up girl wake up! She manages to shake it off and raises her eyes to the room, scanning the crowd. She in total shock. They are still all on their feet, applauding and cheering every doorway into the ballroom is now open and crammed full with castle staff who are also applauding and cheering. It is completely overwhelming.

Nanny again approaches Allura and gives her a soft nudge. Clearing her throat she whispers, “Allura, don’t keep him waiting.”

Allura freezes, finding she was lost again. She looks back down at him. He is trying not to smile but failing miserably at it. She smiles trying not to laugh, as she sees him struggling to keep his cool composure. She closes her eyes and then raises her arms to the audience. They all grow quiet. Deathly quiet. But she notices no one sits down. The tension and anticipation in the room is tangible. She drops her arms and looks again to her Captain, who luckily for her, has managed to regain his control once more. She takes a deep breath. “Welcome Captain Keith Paladin.” She pauses to take another breath. “You honor Arus by being here tonight.”

Keith bows to her but doesn’t take his eyes off her. “Thank you Princess Allura. It is my great honor to be considered worthy of your hand.”

The room explodes again. Bringing the most beautiful smile to Allura’s face as her shimmering eyes focus on her Captain, flooded with all her feelings for him, complete in the realization that her people truly share her feelings and approve.

Coran moves to stand next to Allura. The man looks thoroughly pleased. He raises his hand to silence the crowd again. “Please be seated.” The room slowly settles. Coran holds out a paper in front of him. “Captain Keith Paladin, you say you offer planet Arus your complete devotion as a man of honor and duty? How do you represent your honor and sense of duty to the people of Arus?” The audience audibly inhales and there are many murmurs, which slowly quiet.

Keith bows his head and approaches the first step carrying nothing. He stops just in front of the step and closes his eyes, slowly reopening them to meet Allura’s. His voice is confident and strong, it’s low tone filling the whole room. “A man’s honor can only be judged by what he has done in his life.” He reaches up to his chest and rips off a medal from his uniform. He holds it out in front of him fingering it in his hand, studying it intently. Looking back up to Allura he locks eyes with her and lets the medal drop to the step in front of him. The clink of the metal hitting the step echoes through out the stunned room. The audience lets out a gasp.

Keith stands still for a moment looking at her. Looking down at his chest he starts to rip the rest of the medals from his uniform one by one. He drops them all down individually onto the step in front of him. He then reaches up to the arm of his coat and tears off all the bars of rank and insignias also tossing them to the step. He repeats it on the other arm. Finally he reaches up to his neck and rips the bars of command from his collar dropping them to lay with the others on the step. Once striped bare of decoration, he stands up tall again looking as imposing as ever, in spite of his now unadorned uniform. He then kneels down and tries to scoop up the pile of adornments in front of him but there are so many, most just crash back down to the step. He holds what he can up to Allura. “I give you this, my accomplishments, my life. This is who I am. This is Keith Paladin.” He slowly lets the rest slip between his fingers and looks at his now empty hands. “I give you myself, which is all that I am and all that I have.” The room jumps to their feet screaming, erupting into another roar of applause. Keith locks eyes with Allura his face solemn and serious but his eyes are tender.

Allura’s shimmering eyes are so full of pride and love for her Captain. She is shaken to her core by his speech.. It is taking all her control not to run down the steps and leap into his arms. Behind her Romelle can be heard sniffling. Queen Orla remains silent.

Coran again raises his hand to silence the crowd. It takes several moments for the room to settle back to their seats. Coran holds out the paper in front of him again. “Captain Keith Paladin, you also claim you will give Allura your respect and you promise to give her…” Coran pauses to look at Allura and then down to Keith. He smiles and then returns his gaze to watch Allura’s reaction. “And you promise to give her your undying love.” The audience collectively gasps, even a few screams ring out. Then the room goes deathly quiet again. Allura’s heart stops as a tingling wave washes over her.

Keith looks at Allura and takes a deep breath. He swallows hard. Now or never Cap. His voice that was so strong before is suddenly weak, racked with emotion. “There is nothing I can give you that could correctly represent my love for you, Allura.” He gestures to the steps in front of him. “If I may?” Allura nods and he hesitates. Come on Keith, you know what you have to do. He makes his way slowly up the steps, stopping halfway up. He kneels before her just as he did the first day they met. He reaches out his hand to hers and she responds by taking a step down, placing her hand in his. You could hear a pin drop in the ballroom as everyone holds their breath. Keith pulls her hand closer to him, making her have to step down two more steps. The voice inside Keith’s head is growing more insistent. Go on! What are you waiting for? Do it! Finally he pulls her hand to his lips. But just before it reaches his lips, he turns it over and lovingly tastes her wrist, sending Allura reeling. Cheater! Come on Captain. Do it!

Allura closes her eyes and audibly gasps as her body begins trembling from the sensation of his lips on her wrist. She starts to sway.

Do it! Do it! Do it! Keith feeling she is off balance, quickly stands up pulling her into his arms, finally giving in to the voice. His lips find hers as he pulls her to him. His hands move around her tightly supporting her as he kisses her tenderly, softly, yet with undeniable passion. Allura’s body responds in kind. Her body molding to his, lips kissing back in the same tender, loving passion. Her hands move up to his head, lacing her fingers through his thick hair, caressing him, not wanting it to end. If either of them could see or hear, they would have realized how the people were reacting, but right now, there is only each other. They are lost in one another, now slowly realizing that their dreams of being together can actually come true. Who cares what the people think.

What do the people think? Well, everyone in the room is whooping at the top of their lungs. They have begun to move out from their seats in the sidelines onto the main floor of the ballroom. All the servants that were peering in from outside have flooded into the ballroom, more coming in every second. There are hugs and high fives going on everywhere in the room, especially amongst the Voltron force. Nanny and Coran are arm in arm, beaming at the young couple from the top of the platform. Romelle and Queen Orla are standing next to them in stunned shock. The ballroom floor is packed full with people, all applauding, swaying, whooping and hollering, dancing and crying with joy. Across the whole planet as the event is being broadcast throughout for all to see, celebrations erupt everywhere. There is love in the castle again, and the planet rejoices.

The couple eventually parts both gasping for breath. They then become aware of the room around them full of people celebrating their love. They look at each other, both not quite sure what to do. Keith smiles, looking her over “You’re wearing red.”

“Yes.” Allura softly breathes back.

“I like red.”

“I know.” She smiles looking up into his liquid eyes.

Keith reaches out his hand to brush away a stray lock of Allura’s golden hair. Allura steps into his arms again and they hold one another. She whispers into his ear. “Please my love, don’t let this be another one of my dreams. Don’t let me wake up.”

“Only if you promise not to wake me either.” Keith smiles.

“I can’t believe this is happening. How can it be? How can you?”

Keith pulls back and puts his finger over her lips to quiet her, touching his forehead to hers and whispering so only she can hear. “I finally gave up asking that one myself.” He smiles at her. “I can’t go back now. I promised myself that I wasn’t leaving this room alone.” He drops his head and starts to chuckle. Sheepishly grinning as he raises his head. “I guess that makes me a worse loser than Prince Kendrick.”

Allura laughs putting her hand on his cheek. “Yes my Captain, I believe you are. And I love you for it.”

Keith then lets go of her, straightens up and adjusts his bare uniform. He takes a step back from her and kneels in front of her, taking both her hands in his. He looks deeply into her eyes and waits. The room grows quiet again. “I love you Ally.” He looks down at her feet, then back up to meet her eyes. “Will you marry me?” There is a collective gasp from the room and the air stands still as everyone holds their breath.

Allura’s legs shake and fail and she drops into his arms. Grabbing his head between her hands she cries out in a whisper. “Yes, my love. Yes.” Their lips meet again. Any order that may have been left in the room is now completely lost. Everyone is celebrating the match as the two objects of the room’s affections remain oblivious, lost in each other.


Lance smiles wistfully at his two best friends lost in one another. “Gee, and I was wondering which one she was going to pick.”

“Shut up Lance!” The rest of the team yells. He has to duck as Sven swings a palm at the back of his head.

“Sven, you knew didn’t you!” Romelle comes running down the steps to the team.

Oh no, here it comes. Sven starts to fidget.

She stands before him fists clenched on her hips. “You knew and you didn’t tell me! I made a fool out of myself and you didn’t tell me!”

Sven smirks, putting up his hands. “Hey, I couldn’t tell you. Nanny made me promise.”

“Nanny? Nanny knew?” Romelle sputters. “When? When did all this happen?”

“Just this morning.” A strong steady voice speaks from behind her. The others all smile at the figure behind her. Sven watches Romelle’s eyes go wide in fear for the voice is Keith’s. Keith and Allura have made their way to them, each with an arm tight around the other. Romelle pales and starts to tremble, keeping her back to him. “Romelle?” Keith starts to laugh. “Romelle?”

Romelle buries her face in her hands. “I hit you Keith. I’m so sorry.”

“You hit him!” Sven raises an eyebrow as the rest of the team goes wide-eyed in shock.

Keith is still laughing. “Romelle you just tried to hit me, remember?” He regains himself and puts his free hand on her shoulder. “Look, with what you thought, I don’t blame you.”

She quickly spins. “Oh Keith!” Giving a startled Keith a big hug, pulling him away from Allura. Allura has to put her hand to her mouth to hide her giggles. Sven sees his chance and grabs Allura in his arms, giving her a spin. He drops her into the middle of the team and they all give her a group hug. The crowd closes in around them congratulations pouring from them all.

Soon Keith is surrounded, separated from Allura. The crowds pushing them further apart as everyone congratulates them. He momentarily panics, looking around to see where she went. Thankfully, he is taller than most and can see over many of the people’s heads. Smiling, he sees that she is surrounded by the team. He tries to make his way to her but people keep pushing between them, pushing them further apart. Still beside Keith, Romelle sees his distress. “Sven!” Sven snaps his eyes to her. She nods towards the distressed Keith and then over to Allura. Sven smiles in understanding.

“Captain Keith!”

Keith freezes in his tracks and slowly turns to meet the gaze of Prince Kendrick. The two men stand squarely to one another. Romelle takes a big step back as does everyone else in the vicinity. Prince Kendrick extends his hand to Keith. “Touché, Captain.” Keith wears a reserved smile on his lips and takes Prince Kendrick’s hand. “I underestimated you Captain Keith. You are a worthy opponent.” He turns on his heel and strides away.

Romelle takes Keith’s arm. “What was that all about?”

Keith looks down at her and smiles. “Now that Romelle, is a tale for another day.” He takes her hand. “Are we friends again then?”

“No.”

“No?” Keith’s tone is pleading. “Romelle please, I know you didn’t mean...”

“No silly.” She laughs at him. “Now we’re family.”

Keith’s eyes go widen in surprise as if just suddenly realizing he would be getting more than just a wife but her family too. He laughs. “Oh great that means then that Sven and I…” He groans.

“Yep!”

“Brought you a present, Captain.”

Keith turns to see Hunk holding Allura up high above the crowds, with the other team members surrounding him. “Well Hunk it looks like you got to sweep at least one of us away.”

Hunk laughs a huge belly laugh, shaking Allura andcausing her to giggle. “Here you go Captain.” He gently sets her down in front of him.

Keith quickly pulls her into his arms and whispers softly in her ear. “Ally, my love, please don’t leave me like that.”

“Keith, but I was just…”

Keith still whispers in her ear. “Ally, I just can’t let go. Not now. Not now that I can finally hold you.”

“And I don’t want you to. My Captain.” She relaxes into his arms and they sway too and fro. lost yet again.

Lance shakes his head. “They’re just too damn happy.” Lance smirks turning to the others. “Why do I have a feeling that finally, now the sappy side the captain is out, it’s soon going to make me sick?”

“Shut up Lance!” The rest of the team yells. Again he has to duck as Sven swings a palm at the back of his head.

“Hey! Come on, you all were thinking it.”

“Shut up Lance!”


End of Part Ten. Hope you liked it.
One more to go!!!

On to the next part.

Home, Fan Fiction, The Suitors 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, My Thoughts